venerdì 20 maggio 2011

Valencia

I must start by saying that after the tour did last summer, I find it hard to choose a Spanish city in particular: I was fascinated by how all those visited.
Now I want to talk about Valencia. I begin by saying that me and my boyfriend we stayed only two nights, so we only had a full day to get around: since we arrived just after lunch, we have already used the afternoon to run through the streets of downtown. The next morning we had a little more sightseeing and then wesling to the city of science.
In summary, what to see in Valencia? of course I speak from my experience, based on what I read on the guide and then I saw it once we arrived.
We begin with a trip to Plaza de la Virgen, which is the heart of the city. Here you will find the Palau de la Generalitat: one of the most important buildings of the city, which now houses the regional government. He has a beautiful stone courtyard where you can see two features stairs that direct the visitor to the various rooms. Very nice is the  Salas Doradas decorated, with a beautiful ceiling and floor Valenciana.Questo typical, however, is open only by appointment (I've included as reported by several guides and websites)
In the same square you can admire the Torre del Miquel (symbol of the city) and theCathedral de la Virgen de los Desamperados, the main church of the city and itschurch symbol. The statue of the Virgin Mary is situated on the high and amazingly, it is richly adorned with flowers and candlesNot far away you can see the Torres de Serranos and the Palace of Benincarlò.
To visit, then there is the Cathedral of Valencia with its three ports of entry that havecompletely different styles because of different restorations suffered over the centuriesthe 'Puerta del Palau' is in the Romanesque style, the main entrance, the 'Puerta de losHierros' is in the Baroque style of the eighteenth century and the 'Puerta de losApostoles' is in the Gothic style. Inside, there is a cup that legend claims to be the 'HolyGrail'.
This, according to legend, it seems to come from Jerusalem on his way to themonastery of San Juan de la Pena in Aragon. At this point I cant report the Lonja,civil building in late Gothic style built in the late '400, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage. Finally there is absolutely the City of Arts and Sciences: includes several buildings, including the Oceanografic, the Museum of Science and Hemispheric. I advise you tolose a whole day, even two days if you have time available. I think it's one of those places where you entertain both adults than children


I leave here two videos: the first is the video of the aquarium and the second is a video of some things you can see in the museum of science



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento